Thursday, August 23, 2012

Where to eat, if you're looking to eat, while visiting in Canada

Now, I know Canada is a big place, so I can't really speak for all of it, however I think that Lacombe Alberta is the place to be. It is a small down in the middle between Calgary and Edmonton, but it couldn't be a better choice to stay!
If you haven't guessed it yet Lacombe is the magical small town pearl that my husband and I discovered inside of a big city oyster. This place has a little bit of everything for everyone! One of the main things however when we travel we always want to know the best places to eat and the things we need to try. Well, here is the long and short:
First stop Mcdonalds, here is why: You need to order a Moo-Cluck. What is that? Some kind of odd menu item? NO! Micky-D's has a sort of Canadian secret menu! If you walk in to the restaurant (or go through the drive thru) and order a Moo-Cluck you will receive a Mc Double and a Mc Chicken with Chipotle sauce and when you go to eat you need to remove the top bun off of one, insert the other sandwich, and replace the bun, and devour accordingly. My husband swears by them! They are rather interesting and strangely delicious!
Need somewhere to take the kiddos? Just go down Highway 2A to Lacombe Centre Mall to JP's Pizza! It is a classic pizza joint, a couple of arcade style games, family friendly atmosphere, and there is also a movie rental option just across the room! It is quaint and the pizza is delicious! After you're done you can go just across the way to the old school ice cream parlor, 41 flavors and just an adorable interior! It is such an interesting way to spend an afternoon that one just cannot find very often.
Missing big chain juice joints? Juice Junkeez is where it is at! I recommend the Chocolate Raspberry, it is the best!
Love Asian food? You are in for a treat! Sushi Maru is the best Japanese food that I have found in a long long time! I would certainly recommend the Caterpillar rolls and the Beef Yakisoba, not only is their food beautiful to look at but all of it is so good you'll keep coming back for more!
On the other hand if Chinese food is more your thing then you should head over to The Lucky Palace where they are not only exceptionally friendly but they also have the best chow mien I have ever had, and I love my Chinese food! Order the Shanghai Noodles with BBQ Pork and Satay Sauce, you will not be disappointed! It is the right mixture of spicy, savory, with hints of sweet, and leftovers (and there will be leftovers) are the best.
Breakfast? Not an issue, Tim Hortons is where it is at! Their blueberry muffins are to die for, and their sandwiches sit on the pallet like none I have ever found. Even better is they are everywhere, I do mean everywhere. I miss the muffins every day.
Swing into the Sweet Shoppe for a baggie of Mojos, they are only the most delightful little candies I have ever tasted, the spearmint flavor is leveled just on this side of awesome.
Lastly if you want the best french that I have ever tasted, the bar inside of the Lacombe Hotel (which I will get to, don't worry) is the place to go. Just saunter up to the bar counter and grab a Malibu Paralyzer (you will thank me for this) while you wait and enjoy! You will be in for a wonderful time.

That about sums up the food adventures, I really recommend that you try everything, and if possible do it twice because you will regret it if you don't! Forget fast food joints and big city names, this is where it is at! I will trade Applebees and The Olive Garden any day for a chance to go back to one of these places again.

No comments:

Post a Comment